Saturday, August 18, 2007

some thoughts and an interesting story

This weekend was very uneventful for me. I'm trying to get caught up on some work right now since I have a busy week ahead of me. Its been getting much colder out lately and I'm slowly realizing that summer is almost over. The summer definitely flew by. But then again so has this entire year. I was talking to my boss the other day and she said to me can you believe its almost been a year? I really can't. I feel like I have definitely come along way since I started with Kraft, but I also feel like i still have a long way to go. Theres just so much more that I need to learn and practice to become completely comfortable in my position. I'm not too worried though, because someone once told me that it takes at least 2-3 years to understand the company completely. I still have time, and everyday I'm learning new things. It can get frustrating at times, when I want to prove to everyone that I am good, that I do have what it takes. Its hard to do that when I get into situations that I can't get myself out of. Its hard to do those things when I don't fully understand everything that I'm supposed to understand. I know that in time, things will work out. I simply need to be more patient and trusting that things will eventually fall into place. I've always been one of those people who has to learn through experience. The mistakes I've made, I can only learn from, but my problem is that its frustrating making those mistakes. I want to prove to everyone right now that I'm good at this job, but its so hard when I'm still learning this business.

With the cold weather coming in, I've planned one more great trip before the summer is officially over. I'm going to San Fransisco. Its a place that I have always wanted to visit, so I'm thrilled to finally get to see this city. I've heard it is very cultural, which is why I'd much rather see this city than LA. We'll see how it goes, basically I'm spending the first two days by myself exploring the city while my friends work, and the last few days at Yosemite Park with Lacy to go hiking. Its a small trip, but I'm sure that it will be worth it.

Over the weekend I was reading a story in a magazine about this girl that started whateverlife.com. I've been to this site myself before. It was started as a site for myspace layouts and has since expanded to much more. The interesting thing about this girl and her website, is that it was started two years ago in the kitchen of this 15 year old girls house. Since then she has dropped out of high school, bought a house, and makes over $70,000 a month. Its simply incredible. At age 15 to have that kind of talent to start something like this from nothing. She never had any full training and it started out as a hobby for her and her friends. She now employs her friends in her office that is in the basement of her house. She is only 17 and is not even in control over her own money. The courts ordered a lawyer to be in charge of her money since she is still a minor, neither her or her parents are allowed access. She is only allowed a certain monthly allowance unless other permission is given. She was offered 1.5 million dollars for the site, but she turned it down stating that she started it from scratch and wants to see how far it can really go. If it were me, I probably would have taken the money, but hey thats just me. Anyways that was just a little story I thought I'd share with all of you, since i found it very interesting.

Goodnight.

No comments: